So, a plague-rat has infected me and now I’m dying. To detail that a little better, my friend’s son gave me his cold and now I’ve turned into a disgusting snot-monster who can’t lay down without coughing. Even worse, beloved manly rough and tough husband appears to be coming down with it as well. While he may be the roughest and toughest manly man ever (shut up, he reads this! :P), when he is sick he devolves. When I’m sick I regress into cave-dwelling-leave-me-alone-but-now-I’m-lonely level of annoying. The two of us sick at the same time = no bueno. He texted me from work asking if we can cancel the viewing of a potential rental house because he feels crappy too.
Welp. We’re doomed. I warned him that if we are both sick at the same time he better use the last of his strength to bring home provisions lest we drown in our own mucus. He agreed, here is the list:
1. soup. it’s what we live on now. I recommend getting plenty of it. chicken noodle and split pea sound great to me (uh. not together).
2. crackers. because we live on them in soup.
3. diet coke (we’re low)
4. more juice (because I love you and we will fight over the juice if it gets low).
5. vanilla coke (cause you like it)
6. popsicles. because they help. obviously bomb pops are the best but any port in a storm.
7. bread (because toast is nummy too)
8. for the love of my schnoz, tissues with lotion please.
…and now you know what the next couple of days looks like in my life.