>i am wearing a shirt that does not belong to me. i honestly have no clue where this came from. it is a gray tank top. the mind kinda boggles.
Monthly Archives: November 2010
>i hope everyone had as relaxing of a holiday as i did. i was invited to 2 dinners. it was very much like being invited to 2 sids of my families.
but with no stress and a tropical paradise….kinda spiffy.
>well, hello there.
so, ive been working nights and i think night shift makes me insane.
concentration is darn difficult.
and i feel like i will never catch up on sleep.
here are some exciting listed items for your reading pleasure:
1. ramen noodle is not food.
2. nothing is open when i get off work at 5:30
3. when you get a day off and you go swimming in the ocean you should not do so with your cell phone, car keys, dramamine, and $15 in cash in your pocket.
4. i can free dive pretty deeply for $15.
5. i do not have the self control to go to the animal shelter and leave without an animal.
6. if you visit me i will try to get you to go to the animal shelter and take an animal back home.
7. although i am generally considered crazy; there is always someone crazier.
8. i really like living alone; but i do get lonely.
9. right at this moment, i am hungry.
10. im apparenty allergic to orange juice; however i feel the need to test the theory, which is stupid, due to the difficulty breathing and the horriific itching and all….but if it isnt the orange juice then i officially let myself get so stressed out that my body basically said, “fuck it; im out” and tried to kill me. so for peace of mind; im blaming the juice.
Protected: password protected
>i had 3 days off and spent so much time running around i got no rest.
Hahaha. Y’all thought i was doing something with a pickle.
But no. My blackberry died. And now I don’t know if I should replace it, give up on AT&T altogether.
Go to iPhone.
Well. Typing on my iPod touch kind of sucks. Ugh. It’s a pickle. Sigh.
>nights nights nights…
>So, night shift….yeah.
The first few nights were rough…things are settled down into a routine now. The contractors who are down to help are pretty good. Wise, fun, decent IHs.
But people, I am tired. Like, soul-weary. I *need* a break. I need a break off this island for a bit. I still love living here, don’t get me wrong, I have just spent a very long time without a break. Incident after incident after audit and then straight into a turnaround. My timesheet said I worked 71 hours last week…I miss being a consultant.
Remember my boss? He got promoted out of our department and while I have a certain amount of “yay” for him; I have a hell of a lot of “whoa” for me (us). The amount of work to do; the amount of stress and
I am still not an employee of the refinery. Not that this is all bad; there are a couple perks I enjoy that employees don’t have. But at some point the “busting my butt to become an employee” became resentment. Not a whole lot of resentment; I just wonder if the day comes I get the magical job offer if I will be happy; or just a bit weary.
This place is very much a testing ground; the “wild west of industrial hygiene” where you aren’t worried so much about the little stupid stuff and focus (as much as humanly possible) on actual hazards. It is a lot. And I’ve survived so far.
I just need a vacation.