>Some days I feel like I am damn good at my job. This is not one of those days.
I have been riding that roller coaster of I am great, I suck, I am great again, oh crap…
It does (and doesn’t) help that I have the most subtle boss in the world. A slight waver in his voice could spell doom…or it could be he just shotgunned some soda. So, If he suggests something I for SURE do it. Today I am very tired due to travelling for HOURS yesterday and I was going to leave work early and make up the time later in the week. He said to me, “you know, people look at your gate times…”,I stayed and worked. We also got the news that my boss’ boss is quitting. It’s one of those moments where 1. I am sad to see him go cause I liked him and 2. oh crap–does he know something I don’t.
Nothing too catastrophic today. I will attempt to update more.
Today I got to work early enough to beat angry jazz hands lady (crossing guard) and that always leads to a good day.
>So, Happy Thanksgiving to ya’ll. I’m back on the island. I’ve learned a few things in the past week of “vacation”.
1. get home before the day before you have to go back to work. Getting home late and then having to go to work the next morning is unpleasant (aka sucks).
2. don’t travel somewhere colder on vacation; make people come to you.
3. don’t take a taxi home from the stx airport. It was really expensive and took forever.
4. don’t be suprised when you arrive at the stx airport if someone forgot to unlock the airport doors so two plane loads of people stand there looking at the terminal but are unable to get to the terminal. And then (this part really made me giggle) when you do unlock a door only unlock one of the 4 available doors so the people bottleneck trying to get through.
5. I’m tired, and when I am tired I get grumpy.
6. My landlord is still unpleasant. My electric bill (which was in my door when I returned home along with my rent invoice) was ri-freakin-diculous. That on top of the over-priced cab fare filled me with an impotent rage.
7. Regardless of how grumpy I am my dogs (and cat) still missed me a lot and all piled on top of me (to hold me in place?) when I got home last night.
8. It was nice to see as many people as I did; unfortunately there is never enough time to see everyone.
9. Besides people some of the things I missed the most were giant target stores (where I danced down the aisles smiling at people); giant bookstores where I raided the clearance racks repeatedly; and a lot of the food.
10. Some of the things I didn’t like about the mainland was that strangers don’t look you in the face, everyone goes out of their way to *not* look at you. A friendly greeting causes mistrust, and speed and anonymity is prized over politeness.
Oh the rant…how I need thee.
*deep breath* I’m bitchy. And today I am going to write it all down here. Ready, here goes.
Happy thanksgiving–I didn’t get laid once. I paid for a hotel room with a giant jacuzzi tub in it. Which I happily enjoyed by myself, don’t get me wrong, but fuck. dude. I can’t even get hotel room sex out of the person I married? Christ…whats the point anymore.
Happy thanksgiving–my family is an asshole. all of them. okay…they probably aren’t all assholes and there is a better way to look at them, etc. but fuck…they all need to be on behavior meds or nice pills or something. Christ. I’m reconnecting with old step-family which I think is nice and adult….esp. since my current step family my dad is married to…well, she is a psycho bitch who won’t see me (so I am not allowed to go to their house. *deep sigh*
Then, the guy who I have been falling in love with, well, our playful texting may have gotten out of hand. I am submissive; llllooooove to be dominated but as soon as a fist comes flying at me I immedietly want to fight. And I fight dirty and hit hard. Slap my ass, whip me, slap my body (face slapping gives me the same feeling as punched), pinch me, tie me up, make me face the corner….whatever, but as soon as a closed fist comes my way it makes me block and counter. too many years of training to fight that instinct. So now he and I are all awkward. grrrrrrr.
then I get home and well, most of my beer is gone, my gas tank is half empty (full when I left), and I fucking had to get a cab from the goddamn airport. and I arrived to an electric bill higher than anything else I have ever had.
and kinda want to hit someone.
>Thanks to the generosity of an un-named family member I’m flyin’ home for Thanksgiving. Well, flying, flying, driving, driving, flying, and then flying. But who cares! I’m going to see people! People that I love! And my family! (Kidding! Ha! I totally love my family–I just cannot resist a cheap joke) So, here is the itinerary for my midwest tour ’09. After work on Friday I sucker some poor bastard into driving me to the airport, or I park at the airport, or something along those lines. Then I awkward my way through customs…I always mess up the form or something. Then I settle in for my first nap…I mean flight to Miami. Arrive at Miami, eat something….then either run for my gate or wait a *really* long time. Depending on how close the gate is. If I’m feeling especially cruel I will order something to go, something with extra onions and garlic so I can stink up the cabin of my next flight….nah, wait–thats every other person I end up flying with…*sigh*. Then I arrive in Chicag where I will either wait for Wilkes to pick me up (we *never* time it right) or I wait for a cab to drive me home. Haven’t decided yet.
Then home. Then some packing and meeting with friends. then some doctors appointments on monday–then swingin’ by the old office to drop off my work computer which was *DENIED BY CUSTOMS (W.T.H.)* when I tried to ship it back and say hello to people at the company of which I quit. I will cry.
Then, if I can, I will convince them to take me drinking somewhere with wings. You know where…:) Failing that, I will go by myself. The “someone just quit lets go eat at RAM thing”…it needs to happen with me too, dammit.
Then tuesday–well, I’m sleeping in…and then packing some more stuff at the house. Then wednesday-the great migration to OH/MI. Where I get to see my family, I’m sure my mom will cry (I get my emotional state from her you know. 🙂 ) and there will be much rejoicing as I get to see everyone. 🙂 Then thursday there will be the eating….then friday, friday will be the shopping (and I will remember why I moved to a tropical island). Saturday we check out of the hotel and commute our way back to the windy city…Sunday I fly back to St. Croix. Monday back at work.
And, since it is 72 degrees here today and not sunny (rainy) I am freezing! like, need to get a long sleeved shirt on cold–so I am pretty sure once I land in Chicago I am going to turn into a popsicle and shatter anyway and all this planning will be moot.
Much love to ya’ll.
A cold rainy 76 degree day…you gotta admit, still beautiful.